Facilitated Book Club
Engage your team with a book club-style learning environment. Together, we will read a seminal book on youth work and periodically meet to discuss, reflect, and take action based on what we've read. Book selections might include:
- For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood... and the Rest of Ya'll Too, Christopher Emdin
- Police in the Hallways, Kathleen Nolan
- Between Movement and Establishment: Organizations Advocating for Youth, Milbrey McLaughlin, et al.
- Making Play Work: The Promise of After-School Programs for Low-Income Children
- How Children Succeed, Paul Tough
This learning module includes:
- One 45-minute consultation to select a book and structure the learning experience
- Three 90-minute facilitated discussions (one in person and two by videoconference)
- Action plan with documented next steps resulting from the reading and discussion
(May meet NYS SACC training requirements, depending on book topic.)
Audience: Staff teams at youth-serving non-profits
Want a customized version of this learning module? Just contact us!
*Pricing is for NYC, Long Island, and Westchester. If outside of this metro area, additional travel fees may apply.
Delivered by Changemaker Jen Curry