Learning Lab: Accessible Curriculum Design and Lesson-Plans
Work with experienced accessibility educators to design curricula and specific lesson-plans for after-school and recreation programs or community-based programming that will be more universally accessible. In this workshop you will learn about best practices in the field of accessible education with a focus on sensory and multi-modal learning. This workshop will introduce current thinking and best practices within accessible education and, through a hands-on workshop, inspire and challenge your staff to augment lesson plans and teaching strategies to be inclusive a wide variety of learners.
This learning module includes:
- 30-minute planning session with program leaders via videoconference
- 2-hour in-person, interactive workshop for staff (meets NYS SACC training requirements in area (3) child day care program development; certificates provided)
- 2-hours of individual or small group coaching for class and topic-specific lesson plan development
- Written action plan with further resources and next steps
- 30-minute follow up session with program leaders via videoconference
Audience: Staff teams at youth-serving non-profits
Want a customized version of this learning module? Just contact us!
*Pricing is for NYC, Long Island, and Westchester. If outside of this metro area, additional travel fees may apply.
Delivered by Changemakers from the Museum Access Consortium