Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 101
In Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 101, participants are introduced to the key components of this topic in order to better understand how to strengthen these practices in their professional and personal lives. Through interactive activities and community bonding, this session aims to support individuals who are new to DEI or looking to reinforce their knowledge with hands-on instruction. We'll examine the foundational history of this work and unpack our unconscious biases through examinations of privilege and power. Using actionable techniques in mindfulness and meditation, we'll practice mitigating those biases in realistic scenarios to avoid micro-inequities and micro-aggressions. The agenda of the session will be based on the content most relevant to the purpose and goals of the organization.
This session can also be offered as a full-day or multi-day retreat (contact us for pricing).
This learning module includes:
- 1 hour planning session with leaders to customize workshop
- 4-hour in-person, interactive workshop for staff to connect across lines of difference and introduce or reinforce their knowledge of DEI practices (meets NYS SACC training requirements in area 3 - program development; certificates provided)
- 2-hour on-site follow-up to observe staff and provide feedback
- Written personalized action plan with further resources and next steps
- Helpful list of resources (books, articles, links to videos and podcasts) to supplement and reinforce learning
Audience: School faculty, nonprofit staff, and other groups and teams
Want a customized version of this learning module? Just contact us!
*Pricing is for NYC, Long Island, and Westchester. If outside of this metro area, additional travel fees may apply.
Delivered by Changemaker Cat Lum