Purpose, Not Power: Culturally-Relevant Behavior Management
This session is for staff of youth-serving agencies, educators, and other adults working with youth with a goal to effectively use behavior management and teaching techniques rooted in culturally relevant practice. In this session, participants will learn how to proactively set students up for success, defuse potentially disruptive situations, and use collaborative and inclusive techniques to promote joyful engagement. The session uses a lens of social and emotional learning and social justice. Participants will put their learning to the test in practice clinics to internalize these skills and receive personalized real time feedback.
This session can also be offered as a half-day session (contact us for pricing).
This learning module includes:
- 30-minute planning session with leaders to customize workshop
- 6-hour in-person, interactive workshop (meets NYS SACC training requirements in area 3- program development; certificates provided)
- Practical and actionable management techniques to use the next day
- 2-hour on-site follow-up to observe staff and provide feedback
- Written personalized action plan with further resources and next steps
- Helpful list of resources (books, articles, links to videos and podcasts) to supplement and reinforce learning
Audience: School faculty, nonprofit staff, and other youth-serving groups and teams
Want a customized version of this learning module? Just contact us!
*Pricing is for NYC, Long Island, and Westchester. If outside of this metro area, additional travel fees may apply.
Delivered by Changemaker Cat Lum